I have designed my blog to display my card making, scrapbooking, mini albums and any and all paper crafting and STAMPING!! I want to discuss anything to do with all these things and play with my passion here!

Friday, April 22, 2011

Sympathy Card .....been gone too long

Hi All!
I feel that I've been away for entirely too long......I have been quite ill and not well enough to craft.  I know, I know...how ill do you need to be not to do the thing you love the most and that soothes you....well it was very bad.  I was on a lot of antibiotics and was actually on the couch for three weeks straight......totally knocked out!!

Well I'm finally back on the mend and back on my game..... Sort of....LOL.  I hope you like what I've created.  I really like it!!   I mentioned in my last post that I had a sympathy card to make well I finally finished it. 
Here she is........my bird collage art.



   I started this card by taking a file card from a stack I have thanks to my big purchase at Staples......  It is manila card divider and it is a good hard piece of paper.  I also love the tab on the card as well, I think it adds a little character.

   I began by embossing in clear embossing powder with a 'Hero Arts' writing background stamp.  I then used a flower stencil from Crafters Workshop to color over the writing.  I used a few different colors of distress inks to get the look I wanted.  I then stamped the 'Hero Arts' "Bird Collage"
http://heroarts.com/products/productInfo.cfm?ItemNo=K5503&subCat=D04  onto the flower stenciled and embossed piece.  I colored in the"Bird Collage" with my Tombo markers. The colored parts I then covered with Glossy Accents to allow them to really stand out from the card.

  I added a piece of a book page and a distress inked ribbon as well as a green leafy ribbon down the left side.  Into this lace I poked three Maya Road pins into all the layers. It think it helps to pull it all together.

     The stamped saying at the top of the card as well as the bird is from 'My Favorite Things'- "caged bird sings" set.  https://www.mftstamps.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=7_61&products_id=1007  It seemed very fitting for this card and said exactly what I needed it to.  I finished the edges of the card with some ivory stick on pearls from the "Dollerama".


      On the inside of the Card I added a strip of paper edged by a Fiskers punch.  I stamped it with birds from the Hero arts set 'Antique Engravings'.
I also stamped the Queen Anne's Lace from the Tim Holtz stamp collection 'Flights of Fancy'.  http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/servlet/the-16010/tim-holtz-stampers-anonymous/Detail
The paper it's on is from my stash....can't recall the name.....it was filed in with the other papers.......no name on it.

     As for the bottom right corner again I used the Tim Holtz set Queen Anne's Lace again.  I edged the paper with my Marvy punch to round the corners. I glittered the green with my glitter pen from Sakura.  The top right corner I finished with these funky new tiles that Harmonie makes. I used the three different shades or glimmers......that come in the same container.  Love these new tiles!!! Thanks Harmonie!!

     The inside saying was just perfect.  Very appropriate for this card.  It is from my new set by "Inky Antics" called 'Brushed Calligraphy#6'.  http://www.scrappingreatdeals.com/product.php?productid=34129&cat=845&page=1
The font is perfect as are the words.

Center of the card


   Well that's it.......hope you like my creativity on this card.
OOOH!! I almost forgot........I added a stamp on the back of the envelope just for continuity.  It is the same as the front of the card....it's the Hero arts 'Bird Collage' again.

Back of the envelope




Thanks for looking all! Hope if you are celebrating this Easter that you have a wonderful weekend and you enjoy your time with your family and loved ones. Take care and see ya again soon!

No comments: